As a Catholic School, we recognize the spiritual domain of all persons. As each student is a gift from God, this value and dignity of the person is central to dealing with each individual and individual situation.
OLMP Catholic School’s comprehensive Guidance and Counselling Program is dedicated to
making learning a positive experience for all students. The counselors and staff believe that the Junior and Senior High School years are a great “opportunity to become” and, as a result, endeavor to facilitate and encourage this process.
Counselling services will assist the emerging adult with:
- learning to cope with the many challenges and situations that arise when dealing with personal, interpersonal and spiritual matters
- their selection of the appropriate stream of high school courses in which to be successful
- exploring the many career paths available in the 21st century
- gaining the essential information regarding post secondary admission requirements and procedures
- remaining current and informed regarding the many scholarships afforded to them via grants, bursaries, and scholarships
- providing support and guidance to assist in the teaching/learning process
- promoting communication between the school, home, and outside agencies
- helping to increase students’ social effectiveness and ability to cope
For more information on our counselling services, please click here.
OLMP’s philosophy is to meet the needs of all students and assist them to develop physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually in a Catholic community living the Gospel value of “Everyone Belongs.”
In our school, we follow an inclusive model, where all our students participate in the classroom and the broader school setting. We provide a caring supportive environment for students with behavioral, communication, intellectual, learning, and physical challenges.
Our students are encouraged to foster an understanding of their strengths, so that they can develop a strong sense of self-worth. In addition, we provide opportunities for all students to participate in school activities so that they better understand their interrelationship with others and continue to build on their strengths.